Once asbestos material has been identified or presumed to be within your Adelaide workplace Section 429 of the WHS Regulations requires that a person with management or control of a workplace must ensure a written Asbestos Management Plan is prepared. Our asbestos management Adelaide group will develop management plans that are tailored to your specific needs.
An asbestos management will include such information as:
- How asbestos or ACM that is identified at the workplace will be managed, for example, what, when and how it is going to be done.
- A reference or link to the asbestos registers for the workplace.
- The locations of signs and labels decisions, and reasons for the decisions, about the management of asbestos at the workplace,
- Safe work procedures and control measures.
- Procedures for detailing accidents, incidents or emergencies of asbestos at the workplace workers carrying out work involving asbestos.
- Consultation, information and training responsibilities.
- Outline of how asbestos risks will be controlled, including consideration of appropriate control measures a timetable for managing risks of exposure.
- Priorities and dates for any reviews, circumstances, and activities that could affect the timing of action identification of each person with responsibilities under the asbestos management plan and the person’s responsibilities.
- Procedures, including a timetable for reviewing and, if necessary, revising the asbestos management plan and asbestos register.
- Air monitoring procedures at the workplace.
As per Section 429 of the WHS Regulations, once an Asbestos management plan has been developed the person with management or control of the workplace must then ensure a copy of this management plan is available to the following persons:
- Any worker who has carried out, carries out or intends to carry out work at the workplace health and safety representatives who represent workers that carry out or intend to carry out work at the workplace.
- Any person conducting a business or undertaking who has carried out, carries out or intends to carry out work at the workplace.
- Any person conducting a business or undertaking who has required, requires or intends to require work to be carried out at the workplace.
Contact our Adelaide team today to enquire about our tailored asbestos management plans.